Steps to Start Your SkillsUSA Year!
Want to ensure a great start to your school year? One that will engage students in program opportunities that will increase their technical, workplace and personal skills? SkillsUSA programs are integral to the career and technical education classroom and lab.
It is the perfect fit to support you academically and provide students with leadership opportunities. The following steps will ensure that you successfully start the school year and engage students in leading the chapter.
Want more info on the steps to starting your SkillsUSA year? Check out your Membership Kit. Need a kit? Email our office.
- Secure SUPPORT from you school administration
- CONNECT to your state director and state office
- INCORPORATE SkillsUSA into your syllabus, and include Membership Form, Parent Letter and SkillsUSA Brochure that showcases the value of SkillsUSA for students
- Create excitement and AWARENESS by showing students the SkillsUSA kickoff videos
- Select your first MEETING date, and advertise the meeting
- Hold officer ELECTIONS, select committee chairs and dive into the Program of Work
- Introduce SkillsUSA Points for Professional Development and Leadership to earn RECOGNITION
- Display the SkillsUSA THEME poster, Educated and Skilled to Lead America
- Display the SkillsUSA PROGRAM poster that includes all of the exciting ways in which students can get involved in SkillsUSA
- SHOW the SkillsUSA membership PowerPoint presentations during an open house
- INCLUDE administrators in your early chapter success
- REGISTER yourself and your students as members of SkillsUSA