SkillsUSA Career Partnership Project Sponsors
SkillsUSA Arizona's Championships
*Each contest has a maximum and will be first come, first served to chapters in good standing.
The SkillsUSA Arizona Championships is the premier showcase for Arizona's trade, technology and service high school and college students. This annual conference features 70 skill and leadership competitions that determine who will represent Arizona at the national SkillsUSA Championships.
Employers, experts from industry and educators work together to design, judge and recognize our members for their accomplishments in competitions that have real-world challenges. Contestants use math, science, reading and language skills in conjunction with hands-on technical skills to compete against the best in Arizona!
- Registration System Instructions – Updated for 2017
- Date: April 3-4, 2018 (Skill contests day 1, Leadership contests day 2)
- Registration Opens: TBD
- Registration Closes: TBD
- Late Registration: Not accepted
- Substitutions: Will be accepted for the same contest only
- Location: Phoenix Convention Center
- Note: Leadership Notebooks must be submitted on April 18th during registration.
- Note: Books for Outstanding Chapter must be submitting to our office by March 15, 2017.
- Building Maintenance and Employment Application Process must submit a verification letter to email@example.com. Letter must include principal’s signature.
- See Contest List for specific contest information.
Due March 1
- Pin & t-shirt Design: 5 Entries per school, per contest. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail 1535 W. Jefferson St. Phoenix, AZ 85007. Must be received by close of business
- Scholarship Application
- CEP Application
- State Officer Application Please submit to email@example.com or by mail 1535 W. Jefferson St. Phoenix, AZ 85007. Must be received by close of business
- Advisor of the year nominations
Registration and Fees
- National Qualifying Contests: (Secondary and College/PS) $95 per person
- State Only Contests: (Secondary only) $50 per person
- Middle School Contests: (Middle School only) $50 per person
- Observers/Guests: No charge
- HS and College/PS Advisors $50 per advisor (must have at least 1 paid advisor registration per registration.
- Middle School Advisors: $50 per advisor
Any student, parent, guest, school administrator or other attendee, who is not competing and not registering students is eligible to attend and view the contests for no charge.
- Registration will be open TBD.
- Registration will close TBD.
- No late registration will be accepted.
- Schools will not be able to register if they have outstanding balances on their account.
- Contests with onsite testing:
- Photography Basic
- The Board of Directors developed a conference attire policy to provide students with an understanding of the importance of an employee's appearance in the workplace. Although employee attire varies from job to job and company to company, with some basic information your students can make informed decisions regarding their clothing selections for nearly any event.
- Due to the conference schedule, we understand students competing in a skill contest on day 1 may not be able to dress professionally for the Keynote Session that evening. Professional dress for the Awards Ceremony is still required.
- Students that receive a medal at the awards session must be dressed appropriately or they will not be permitted to receive their medal on stage. Medalists must wear Official SkillsUSA dress, professional dress, and/or official contest uniform as outlined in the SkillsUSA Technical Standards. The conference t-shirt is not considered official contest uniform. The following types of attire will NOT be permitted: Shorts, short skirts (must extend to fingertips), thin-strap tank tops, denim pants (of any type and color), torn clothing, baggy pants, cargo pants, flip flops, and tennis shoes.
- Information on appropriate attire per contest can be found on the contest information and updates page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Are my students and I required to attend the Keynote Session on Tuesday? the Awards Session on Wednesday?
- A. Yes. As you plan your students' Championship experience, it is important that you focus on the entire conference and not just the competitive piece. Please include the Keynote Session and Awards Ceremony in your travel arrangements. Should you have a student qualify for the National Leadership and Skills Conference, it is imperative that you stay for the NLSC meeting that follows the Awards Ceremony.
- Q. Are there eligibility requirements?
- A. Yes. The following must be met to be eligible to compete at the SkillsUSA Arizona Championships:
-Chapter Documents (Program of Work, Constitution, etc) and Membership must be submitted by November 1. Second semester members must be added by March 1. Students whose names have not been submitted at www.skillsusa-register.org by March 1 are not eligible to compete. There are no exceptions.
- Q. Are there contest limits?
- A. Due to restraints of time, equipment/materials, and technical committee capabilities, many SkillsUSA Arizona contests are limited to the number of competitors that can register. To try and provide an equal opportunity for all chapters to register, registration for these contests will be limited per chapter. However, should a contest become full prior to the registration deadline preferential registration slots will be given to those chapters based on the following:
- Completed required chapter documentation (Charter/POW) submitted by the deadline
- Participation in state level leadership events (Chapter Leadership Conference, Employee Leadership Conference, Leadership Training Camp)
- Participation in regional level competition
- Online test scores
- Championships Home
- Online Testing Information
- Sign-up to Judge a Contest Here
- Official Arizona Contest List
- Contest Updates
- Contest Descriptions (Nationals)
- Contest Supporters
- Contest Wait-List Link
- Resume Submission Form - DUE 4/7/2017
- 50 Years, 50 Hours of Service Submission Link
- Resume Submission Form - DUE 4/7/2017